Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Leo Toone Checketts

I made a goal to be better at our families blog this year, so here it goes!

Asael and I became parents on June 15, 2014 to a healthy 8 lb. little boy.  We named him Leo Toone Checketts after my dad, James Leo Toone, and grandpa, Leo Eugene Toone.

Leo is a mini Asael.  He looks exactly like his father!  He is now almost 8 months old and is growing like crazy!  I knew that I would have tall children, but when the doctor told me that Leo would be around 6'8'', I was blown away!  I just hope I can keep up to how much he eats now, and when he is a teenager!  He is already off the charts in height and 85% in weight.

Leo has brought so much joy into our home.  I will never forget the day that Leo was born.  The moment when you see your baby for the first time is indescribable.  It is amazing how much love you can have for someone.  Marrying Asael, I didn't think that I had room to love someone on top of Asael because of how much I adore Asael, but once Leo came, my capacity to love has grown!

This past Summer, Asael received a job at a high school in Albuquerque, New Mexico as their head athletic trainer.  Asael's goal is to become a Physical Therapist, so we thought that we would go and work for a year and then apply to Physical Therapy Schools.  We have really enjoyed it here in New Mexico.  I was worried at first because I have lived in Utah all of my life, but I have absolutely loved living in the mission field.  We have grown so much as a family.

Here are a few pictures to capture the past 8 months!



 (The two men that bring me the greatest happiness)




 (BYU Volleyball making it to the National Championship Game)

 (Braden Leo Tingey and Leo Toone Checketts)


(Asael helping an athlete who went down during a game)

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Leo is SO STINKIN' CUTE! Though he definitely does have a lot of Asael in him, I also think he looks like you. I'm so excited to keep up with all your adventures this year!

    ReplyDelete