Wednesday, July 24, 2013

OUR STORY

For those of you who do not know how Asael and I met, here it is.  I have been against dating men that are shorter than me all of my life.  I was humbled one day when my Relief Society President in my ward at the time, told me that I needed to humble myself and give guys who are shorter than me a chance.  She had just recently got engaged to a man 6 inches shorter than her, so I knew that if she could do it, I could do it.  
I actually had a man in mind that I wanted to talk to.  He was the Men's Volleyball Athletic Trainer at BYU, so everyday I was able to see him after the women's team practiced.  Knowing he was a little shorter, and trying to think of my girls first, I tried to set him up with them, but they said, "Emillie, he has a part in his hair, he is way too old fashion."  Well, to tell you the truth, I have ALWAYS wanted to marry a man with a part in his hair. 
So, I got the courage to go up and talk to him one day.  I kept seeing him come and watch the Women's practices, when he didn't really have to be there.  He would just come during his lunch break.  Little did I realize, he was trying to get the courage to talk to me.  
I introduced myself, and later that afternoon, I decided to go watch the Men's practice, to of course see how they were doing.:)  We ended up talking more, and he kept coming to the Women's practices and I kept going to watch the Men.  Well, a few days later he asked for my number, and the rest is history!  I got over the inch and a half to two inches height difference really fast, and it doesn't bother me anymore!  When you have a man that is EVERYTHING on your list for your Eternal Companion, height doesn't matter!  The most important things are what really matter, and he has them all!
Almost 5 months exactly from the day that we met each other, we got married in the Salt Lake Temple.  I am the happiest girl in the world!  I am so grateful that I have found my best friend, the most handsome man in the world, and the man that I get to spend the rest of my life with!  

2 comments:

  1. I love that story! I didn't know some parts of it, so it's cool to see it all written down! Love you two!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote: "When you have a man that is EVERYTHING on your list for your Eternal Companion, height doesn't matter!"

    ReplyDelete